The inaugural Warwick Reindeer Run will take place on Sunday 29th November 2020 at 10am.
Please find answers to our most frequently asked questions below. Should you need help or have any additional questions, please get in touch by filling in the contact form below. We look forward to seeing you on the 29th November for what is sure to be a great race and a day out to remember!
Warwick Reindeer Run – 7km run within the grounds of Warwick Racecourse
2.5km Gallop – One full lap of Warwick Racecourse
Kids Fun Run – Kids Run Free fun run will be approximately 1km
ENTRY LIMITS & CLOSING DATE
Entries close when we reach our limit. There may be entries on the day if we haven’t sold out, please check our social media channels for updates.
Please enter early to avoid disappointment. We will keep you updated on limits on our website and social media channels.
Warwick Reindeer Run: £20 (costume included)/ £16 (bring your own costume!)
2.5km Gallop £10 (costume included)/ £5 (bring your own costume!)
Kids Fun Run (16 years and under) – £5 (costume included)/ Free (bring your own costume!)
Warwick Reindeer Run – runners must be aged 15 or over on race day
2.5km Gallop – runners must be aged 9 or over on race day
Kids Fun Run – children aged 16 and under can take part in the Kids Fun Run
Warwick Reindeer Run & 2.5km Gallop – 10:00 prompt
Kids Fun Run – 11:15 approx
Warwick Racecourse, Hampton Street, Warwick, CV34 6HN
The baggage drop is located at the registration area.
FINISH & CUT OFF TIME
The race will start and finish at Warwick Racecourse
The event must finish at 12pm prompt, giving a cut-off of 2 hours for the 7km run.
Your chipped race number and reindeer costume will be collected from registration at Warwick Racecourse from 7.30am.
Race day information will be available on the website and will be emailed to competitors, please note due to our environmental policy this will not be posted out.
Please remember to complete the details required on the back of your race number.
Kids Fun Run – kids numbers can be collected from 07:30 at registration.
Warwick is easily accessible by car, bicycle and public transport.
Registration, the start and finish will all be located at Warwick Racecourse.
Postcode: CV34 6HN
Please click here for details of car parking with the town centre area.
There are a number of pay and display car parks clearly signposted in and around Warwick town centre.
Please click here for details of car parks. Note that there are 4 pay and display car parks adjacent to Warwick Racecourse (St Mary’s Areas 1-4).
We would also encourage runners and spectators to park further out of the town centre and walk or cycle to the racecourse.
There are lots of bus routes into and out of the town centre too.
If possible, familiarise yourself with the area prior to the event to avoid delays on the day.
Should you wish to stay overnight there are lots of hotels and B&B’s in and around the town centre.
There are a number of toilets which will be available to use within the grounds of Warwick Racecourse.
There will not be any changing or shower facilities at this event (other than toilets) therefore runners are advised to arrive ready to run.
There will be storage for runners baggage at the registration area. This facility will be available from 07:30 on the day.
INDIVIDUAL AWARDS & PRIZE GIVING
Details of prizes to be confirmed.
The route is fully contained within the grounds of Warwick Racecourse. The 7km route is available here – please note this may be subject to change and therefore you are advised to always follow instructions from marshals and on the day signage. The 2.5km route is one full lap of the racecourse.
The course will be a mixture of paths and grass.
There will be kilometre markers at each kilometre.
There will be 2 drinks stations on course, at approximately 1.8km and 4.5km.
Runner safety is our priority so you can rest assured that we will have qualified medics available to assist on the day, if required.
It is essential you write your emergency contacts details on the reverse of your race number along with any medical conditions. In the event of an emergency it is essential we have this information to help you if needed. Please DO NOT RUN if you are not feeling well in the lead up to the event.
MEDAL, T-SHIRT & GOODY BAG
Entry includes a bespoke medal, reindeer costume, drinks and snacks which you’ll receive at the finishing line. It also includes water at the start / finish and drink stations.
MEDAL - Kids Fun Run
Kids will receive their medal at the finish line.
Results will be available to view on the website within 24 hours of the event.
Official photography will be posted on the website shortly after the event.
PRE EVENT COMMUNICATIONS
REFUNDS, CANCELLATION, TRANSFERS
Entry fees are non-refundable.
Should the event not go ahead for any circumstance outside of the organisers control, once all relevant fees have been paid any remaining monies will be donated to charity.
Once entered, if you’re unable to partake in the event and would like to to transfer to an alternative Raceways event please email the organiser at least 1 month prior to the event date.
Runners are not permitted to transfer their race number to another runner if they cannot run as this runner will not be insured if they are running in another runners name and will therefore be held liable if there was an accident. UKA members will be in breach of their licence if another runner takes their place which may result in a potential ban from future UKA affiliated events.
Terms and conditions
Organising an event requires a considerable amount of forward planning, time, risk and expense. Approximately 9 – 12 months prior to our events taking place, work begins and costs are incurred. These include administrative, insurance, advertising, marketing, equipment, website and staff costs.
As an event draws nearer, we continue to incur costs, many in relation to the number of entrants in the event. From the moment we receive your entry we expend funds and apply them in good faith in relation to your entry.
The following ‘Terms & Conditions’ are set in place to ensure that we provide participants with safe and enjoyable events throughout the year.
1. Raceways Events CIC are the organisers of the event.
2. The event refers to any event listed on the Raceways website.
Conditions of Entry
3. By entering any Raceways event, all entrants agree to be bound by our terms and conditions.
4. Entrants are responsible for supplying accurate information during their event application process.
4.1 Entrants who supply incorrect information regarding age or date of birth will not be eligible for age group prizes.
4.2 Any changes to information supplied by the entrant must be emailed to the organiser at email@example.com 2 weeks prior to the event.
4.3 Runners entered by someone else are still bound by the Terms & Conditions.
5. Entrants understand the level of ability required to compete in an event and will not hold the organisers responsible for any illness or injury as a result of their participation in an event.
6. Entrants agree to participate in any Raceways event at their own risk and that no responsibility whatsoever shall be attached to the event organisers, sponsors, venue or any other persons involved in the organisation of this event. The entrant takes full responsibility for any injury, accident, loss or damage (to person or property) suffered by the entrant during the event.
7. A confirmation of entry email will be sent via our online registration partner after an entrant has successfully entered an event.
8. The entrant is responsible for reading the details and description of the event as published on the organiser’s website and other relevant information regarding the event sent to you by the organiser.
Withdrawal, Refund and Transfer Policy
Raceways will endeavour to make sure we provide you with the event you entered, as with other events (cinema, gigs, festivals, sports etc) if after paying for them you have to withdraw, you will not receive a refund regardless as to the reason (injury, pregnancy, business, travel). However under certain circumstances we will be happy to transfer you to another Raceways event.
9. Entrants wishing to withdraw from any Raceways event must email firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Entrants must request a withdrawal at least 1 month before an event. Entrants who make requests after these time constraints will not be considered for an event transfer.
11. Providing 9 & 10 are correctly fulfilled the organisers will defer your entry to the same event the following year or transfer your entry to another Raceways event worth the same amount or less than your original event.
12. Under no circumstances will entrants be allowed to transfer their entry to another individual.
Cancellation/postponement and changes in of Events
If for any reason the organiser is forced to cancel an event refunds will not be given due to the costs incurred described in our terms and conditions above. However as all Raceways events are in aid of charity we will donate all fees to the charity Kids Run Free after incurred costs are allocated.
14. If an event has to be postponed for any reason, the organisers will notify you of the new date and venue of the rearranged event. These terms and conditions will continue to apply to the rearranged event. No refund will be given if you do not wish to participate in the rearranged event.
15. The organiser reserves the right to cancel the entrant’s participation in any event entirely at their discretion.
16. Arrangements for the event including venue, date and programme may be subject to change. The entrant will be notified of any changes prior to the date of the event.
17.On race day the entrant must abide by any rules or regulations set down by the governing body, event organisers or venue owners.
18. The entrant must show respect and courtesy towards other participants, officials, volunteers, spectators and organisers. If at any point the entrant behaves in a manner which is, in the organiser’s opinion, poor sportsmanship or risks the safety of others the entrant will be disqualified from the event and removed from the venue.
19. The entrant is responsible for the safe keeping of their personal property and possessions. Neither the organiser nor the venue will take any responsibility for entrant’s property or possessions.
20. The organiser is not responsible for any third party organisations that may provide services at the event.
21. The entrant authorises the use of their name, voice and picture and any information provided on the event entry form for Raceways events to be used without payment in any broadcast, telecast, communication, promotion, or advertising.
22. The entrant also agrees that the information provided may be used by the Event Organisers for the purpose of promoting future or other events or for the promotion of the Event charity, race sponsors products and services.
23. The organisers have absolute discretion regarding the allocation of prizes.
24. Prizes must be collected at the allocated prize giving unless otherwise stated.
Offers and Discounts
25. The organisers may run offers and discounts which may be available for a certain period of time.
26. The organisers can withdraw an offer or discount at any time for any reason.
27. No offers will be back dated or issued to competitors which have already entered